Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wedding Cookies!



These are just one of the many varieties of cookies I am making to accompany the cake at Jenni's wedding. They are Lemon (such a summer wedding flavor)! I started out with the idea of Italian cookies (Jenni is half Italian and Italian cookies accompany every Italian celebration and event) but strayed just a bit with the lemon. The other flavors include anisette, mexican wedding, double-chocolate and almond macaroon. Yum!
There may be one or two more varieties in the mix--we'll see! It is so much fun making the cookies, and easy, because its the one thing I can make ahead and store in the freezer!

I ordered the main course today--Chicken Lemon(yes, again with the lemon)from a local Italian restaurant! How exciting. I decided to order a few things and make the rest (am I insane?). There are actually 2 main course choices--the other is steak pizzaiola, made with fried breaded steaks baked in the oven with a sweet tomato sauce. I'll be making these myself!

Check back for the entire menu soon--as it is just about finalized. Cibo felice!

No comments:

Post a Comment