Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

2009 was one of the busiest, craziest years of my life!  With it came both great sadness and great joy.  It began with the sad and sudden loss of my mom and also the moving of my papa into assisted living, but ended with the weddings of both my daughters and the birth of my new little grandson, Andrew!

God works in special ways. Never could I have imagined how I might survive losing my mother, who I was so close with and admired so dearly.  I thought the grief might swallow me whole when the moment came, but there was no time to let that happen!  What I found was that my mother was alive and well in all the moments of great joy God gave to me after her death. And it was a new and surprising way to grieve and heal that I never expected.

2009 was the year of weddings; I think 2010 may be the year of babies!  Andrew (3 months old today!) is the light of our lives right now-he is sweet and adorable and turning into this remarkable little person every day. Another grandson is on the way--Bethany's baby is due in April!  We are very excited for his arrival-busy planning the baby shower and decorating his nursery!  And who knows, maybe Jenni will be next!

I begin 2010 feeling very blessed and grateful.
Peace and Good Health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment