Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sew Baby Sew!


Isn't this owl fabric just the cutest!?!  Found this little cradle blankie on etsy and just had to have it for the nursery I'm making out of the spare room for the grandbabies!  Of course, then I found the fabric (Alexander Henry) and bought a yard so I could make this cute pillow to match!  Needless to say, the nursery is fast becoming the "Owl Room"!  I am just crazy about owls! And this fabric has all the best colors to mix and match for decorating.  My next project: stuffed owls!  I'll post pics when the room is done.

 Since the sewing machine has been brought out of hibernation and dusted off, I've been bitten by the sew bug again! I used to sew all the time when the kids were little--clothes and crafts and quilts, but my favorite things right now are baby blankies, so this morning I made one!  It's recycled from a seersucker bedspread that was my mom's and an old flannel blanket of mine.  It's just the prettiest for a little baby girl (there's bound to be at least one baby girl in my future, right?). And it only took a little more than an hour to make!  Thinking about making more in really pretty fabrics and maybe opening an etsy store . . . stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment