Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise! It's another wedding!


Okay . . . so sometimes plans get changed . . . sometimes summer weddings become fall weddings . . . as in THIS fall . . . instead of next summer! Yes, that's right, my daughter Bethany, who was supposed to be getting married next summer (and I thought I had plenty of time to recoup from my other daughter's wedding this past summer) has decided to get married on Columbus Day weekend! That's right, just 1 1/2 weeks from now!

It's going to be a small intimate wedding--the ceremony at the bandstand where Jenni & Jose were married and a nice roast dinner at the house after with champagne, mulled cider, a pretty cake and background music. I am going crazy decorating right now--candles everywhere, pumpkins, bittersweet, mums and bowls of candy! It's going to be great--small, economical and very romantic!

Luckily, Bethany already had the dress--Bob bought a suit, she bought shoes--they lined up a JP, already have the marriage license, just ordered the roast and the cake and phoned the guests! Things are moving quickly--and I, being the mother-of-the-bride once again (just 2 months later!) want for it to be just as magical as Jennifer's wedding--so, my job is to decorate, to fill the house with everything fall and romantic and cozy and spiced!

The cake above is similar to the cake she and Bob have ordered. We will make her bouquet that morning--some sunflowers with some red and orange dahlias or gerbra's. I just love the rich colors of fall!

I'll post again on my progress . . . if I have time! Who says you can't plan a wedding in just 3 weeks? Just you watch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment