Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wedding Day Cocktail Hour



After the ceremony at the bandstand, the bride and groom and family stayed to take pictures in the gazebo and on the beach, so back at the house, we decided to entertain waiting guests with a cocktail hour that included dee-lish frozen mango bellinis (made with mango nectar, champagne and crushed ice)served with an assortment of appetizers:cheese and crackers,hummus and pita chips, swiss mini-quiches (that quickly disappeared) and a beautiful fruit bouquet by Edible Arrangements.

Because I had to stay at the gazebo for pictures, setting up the cocktail hour would be a dilemma for me. But thanks to David's daughters, Jess and Amanda, and my niece Amanda, this worked out fabulously. I drew up a couple of table diagrams, showed them where everything was and they set it all up for me and started the music and the bellinis! Thanks girls!

This is the much-complimented playlist (from my ipod)played during Cocktail Hour:

Beyond the Sea--Michael Buble
Baby I'm Yours--Arctic Monkeys
A Love That Will Last--Renee Olstead
I've Got You Under My Skin--Michael Buble
You Save Me--Kenny Chesney
Dream A Little Dream of Me--Mamas & the Papas
My Cherie Amour--Stevie Wonder
Blue Skies--Ella Fitzgerald
In the Mood--Glenn Miller Orchestra
Come Fly With Me--Michael Buble
Let's Never Stop Falling In Love--Pink Martini
That's Amore--Dean Martin
Everything--Michael Buble
Ain't We Got Fun--Renee Olstead
Our Love Is Here to Stay--Rod Stewart
You Send Me--Aretha Franklin
Mack the Knife--Bobby Darin
Would You Go With Me--Josh Turner
I Just Called to Say I Love You--Stevie Wonder
Summer Wind--Michael Buble
Baby I Love You--Aretha Franklin
Knock Me a Kiss--Louis Jordan
Feeling Good--Michael Buble
All You Need is Love--Lynden David Hall
Amado Mio--Pink Martini
Your Body is a Wonderland--John Mayer
These Are the Days--Keith Urban
Stray Cat Strut--Stray Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment