Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wishes and Advice


I really hate going to showers that have us playing stupid games like bridal bingo or guess the baby food flavor, so I'm opting out of games at Jenni's shower--they just seem a bit childish. I want the mood to be fun and cheerful and elegant, so I came up with this idea of "Wish Cards". I saw the idea on someone's wedding blog and decided to use it at the shower. Wishes for the Bride have become something of the theme for this shower, so I made these little yellow cards for guests to scribble a wish or even advice for the bride. I thought advice might add a bit of whimsy; maybe I'll have Jenni read them aloud.

I purchased the white lace tablecloth in these pictures at JC Penney on sale for just $25.00--it will be the perfect setting for the luncheon display on my dining room table. Originally, I was going to use a mix and match of china, but decided on paper plates and napkins just to make life a little easier--I found a beautiful spring green square plate at target and matching green and white cherry blossom napkins (that match our specially designed invitations)on PlatesandNapkins.com. I still intend to use wine glasses for all beverages and real china cups for coffee to be served with cake. Look for my menu coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment